admissions411.com
whichMBA business school
Login Join Now Business Schools MBA Blogs Admission Consultants GMAT & TOEFL Links Financial Aid Forum
GMAT score 560 : suitable MBA Colleges Options · View
laksh
Posted: Monday, February 11, 2008 8:39:59 AM

Hi,

My name is Laksh. I have scored 560 in GMAT and about to take TOEFL next week. Which are the best MBA colleges I need to apply? I have an expeience of 2.8years in a MNC. I have bachelor in engineer degree in Electronics & Instrumentation with overall GPA of 3.

Thanks in advance,
Laksh
jallenmorris
Posted: Monday, May 05, 2008 6:35:33 PM

laksh wrote:
Hi,

My name is Laksh. I have scored 560 in GMAT and about to take TOEFL next week. Which are the best MBA colleges I need to apply? I have an expeience of 2.8years in a MNC. I have bachelor in engineer degree in Electronics & Instrumentation with overall GPA of 3.

Thanks in advance,
Laksh

There are a lot of variables to consider when thinking of the best school for someone. A 560 is not going to be a competitive score for the very top schools. For the others "down the list", many other factors begin to be more important such as geographic location, price, reputation in a certain field, reputation in that locality. I live in Oklahoma City and have been considering going to the University of Oklahoma (#62 by U.S. News). The rank isn't horrible, but it's not up there. My considerations are that it's close (Part-time program classes are held downtown Oklahoma City, so I would not have to drive to Norman nightly). I already have a law degree from Oklahoma City University so people in the midwest would know both schools I attended. That is important if I stay here in the midwest. Oh yeah, and the cost. The entire program will only cost me about $15,000 total, and if I stay with my current employer while in school, they'll pay $500 per class up to 8 classes per year + all of my books. I've learned that unless the school is national powerhouse for business (Top 20) then other factors are very important. I can't say more without knowing more about your specific situaiton, but I hope what I have said gives you more to think about.

Jarod
th3414
Posted: Monday, June 30, 2008 5:20:54 PM

How about Bentley or Babson? I would focus on regional schools. You also have plenty of time to retake the GMAT. Try using Manhattan GMAT. I found it to be the best prep course. Good Luck!